Last updated May 2020
What are Cookies?
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your computer’s hard drive for record-keeping purposes. Other tracking technologies are also used which are similar to cookies. This can include pixel tags and tracking URLs. All these technologies are together referred to in this policy as “Cookies”.
The types of Cookies that we use, or may use, on our site, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below:
- Strictly necessary Cookies: These Cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around our site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of our site. Without these Cookies, any services on our site you wish to access cannot be provided.
- Analytical/performance Cookies: These Cookies collect information about how you and other visitors use our site, for instance which pages you go to most often, and if you get error messages from web pages. We use data from these Cookies to help test designs and to ensure a consistent look and feel is maintained on your visit to the site. All information these Cookies collect is aggregated. It is only used to improve how a site works.
- Functionality Cookies: These Cookies allow our site to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These Cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting. Additionally, these Cookies can be used to allow an optional service to function such as offering a live chat session. The information these Cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other sites.
- Targeting Cookies: These Cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. These Cookies are dropped only with your consent. Please note that we track your consent using a technical Cookie; therefore, in the event you delete any Cookies stored on your devices you see the Cookie banner once again. Such Cookies remember that you have visited our website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising Cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
- Social media Cookies: These Cookies allow you to share what you’ve been doing on our site on social media such as Facebook and Twitter. These Cookies are not within our control. Please refer to the respective privacy policies for how their Cookies work.
How long do cookies last?
Except for strictly necessary cookies, all cookies will expire anytime between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
What about third party cookies?
Please note that if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including strictly necessary cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Who should I contact with a question or complaint?